Saturday, April 19, 2008

Props and more ...

Many thanks to all of those at the Sweet Spot forum who responded to some of my postings regarding do-it-yourself backgrounds. It's a great online community for learning from working photogs. Thanks to Cindy for pointing me to this photography forum!

I stopped by our local Hobby Lobby to pick up a bolt of black fleece for my black background. I've got two photo shoots coming up this week and really needed to get a black background, which meant no time for ordering online. For fabric choices, everyone recommended vellux, velour, felt, velvet, and fleece. In the spring, it is impossible to find a black fleece or vellux blanket. So, I chose the readily available fleece (with a Hobby Lobby 40% coupon).

The next stop in my prop exploration was at TJ Max to pick up a really cute wicker basket. I can't wait to try it out with the fleece blankets that I picked up yesterday at Ross. The apple green colored blanket is my favorite, in fact, apple green is my favorite colour right now!

No comments: