Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Print to Print

Based upon the post from yesterday, I have been conducting my own print-to-print comparison of the most well known print houses. I've been told bad things about the local drug store printers and Wal-Mart printers. Being the engineer that I am, I've decided to conduct my own photograph analysis.



WARNING: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS BASED UPON THE FUNDING AND VIEWS OF THE BLOGGER AND NO ONE ELSE. NO MONEY WAS ACCEPTED IN THIS EVALUATION. (sorry, had to get that out of the way)



It's an ongoing process, but I now have 8x10 prints from three print houses for side-by-side comparisons. The same .jpg was provided (no imbedded ICC profiles at this time) to each print house for printing. I've included variables such as paper type, finish type, my quality rating from color saturation, and pricing (including any min buy plus shipping). The results are as follows:





WHCC Kodak Endura Paper Matte highest quality $2.10 ($12min but free shipping)



Shutterfly Fuji Film Paper Glossy lowest quality $3.99 + shipping

*print was bent when arrived in the mail



Wolf Camera Fuji Film Paper Matte high quality $4.99 (in-store pickup)



Mpix Kodak Endura Paper Matte not yet rated

No comments: